Question:
Good argument?
Mental Patient 29
2007-05-10 17:04:21 UTC
Hello. I am a youth aspiring to purchase Nintendo's new Wii! I really want one. We have one smaller tv and one HUGE widescreen tv (we keep this one in the living room). My mother saysif I get a Wii, i'd have to play it usually on the small TV and ask for special permission to play on the big TV. obviouslyplaying wii would be a lot more fun on the big tv. i am not creating conflict i am simply asking what i can say to fight my side of the argument. i have so far told her i would move when anyone wants to watch TV on the widescreen withoutfuss and i would always keep the volume down.HELP
Seven answers:
2007-05-10 19:05:15 UTC
1. Play your Wii on the small screen

2. Keep it up.

3. Eventually your mom will notice that you've been using the small screen and not asking to use the big one

4. She'll notice that you are behaving and being nice.

5. She'll let you play it on the Wide Screen.
Jason A|retired
2007-05-11 02:58:11 UTC
I have noticed with the Wii that when you are pointing at the screen with the Wiimote it isnt very accurate on small screens, I tried using it on a 34cm screen and I just couldnt do it, it looked realy bad, pointing was a pain in the bum and you dont realy get the feeling of being involved in the game like you do with a larger screen. See if you can convince your mum to sell your smaller TV and get a 51cm one which they work briliantly on!

And just so you know you will hardly ever get to play it on your nice big widescreen TV as your mum will always be telling you to get off...I'm 19 and I still get told of whenever I try and plug a console or my computer into our good TV
2007-05-11 00:52:36 UTC
i move my wii in my room for a little bit, and i have a small tv too, but u just forget about the size cus the wii is so fun. anyways u probably have nothing to worry about because i bet your mom will fall in love with the wii. the down side is your mom will hog the will :) my aunt played the wii soo much that she couldn't get out of bed the next morning lol!
northernchic18
2007-05-11 00:17:33 UTC
I have a Nintendo Wii and it is awesome.But any way u should tell ur mom that when you play a game like on the wii u cant really see everything on a small screen.My parents let me and my sister play it in the living room where our biggest tv is.She lets me do that b/c im practically spoiled rotten and each room in my house has a tv But our living room is a place where the family gets together.my family plays the Wii together.My parents luv it.U should tell her about and try to get her interested into playing the game its sooo much fun
levindis
2007-05-11 00:15:03 UTC
First you need to identify what her concerns are as to why she does not want you to play on the big TV. Now it is possible that she has no logical reason why she does not want you to, and it may all be based on an emotion. If it is an emotional decision she is making then good luck. Defusing those is like playing russian roulette, but the good thing is you can wait for her to be in a good mood and get the answer you want.
victorias secretion!
2007-05-12 22:30:22 UTC
why would it matter if u play it in the living room if it ost likely doesnt take up a lot of space? tell kar kar that its good excersize too cuz u move around a lot, so its not like u would just be sitting down. u would move around. also, why wouldnt u be able to play when no one is home, i hink u should bring up those Q's, and see her respnse. im sorry if this gets u grounded 4 life! lol, luv ya hunay.
Aaron
2007-05-12 02:30:05 UTC
Play on the small TV and complain about how hard it is to see your character